Tuesday, March 24, 2009

First Schleswig-Holstein War 1848-50 by Nick Svendsen


Enthused by the new Waterloo to Mons figures I picked up the Helion http://www.helion.co.uk/ book on the first Schleswig War by Nick Svendsen. This is an ideal book for a wargamer. Lots of period black and white illustrations, maps and orders of battle. At the back are four pages of colour uniform plates illustrating 13 uniforms. It was quite expensive (it's a limited print run of 500 copies only) but really looks like the only book I will need.

Once or twice a year I take one of my children for a few days in a European city to use up some of my air miles and hotel room points. It's my daughter's turn and suddenly Copenhagen is looking likely!

2 comments:

  1. ordered my copy on Amazon..blindly painting the figs already without many references!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good all round read! I have read my at least twice.

    ReplyDelete