Thursday, April 02, 2009

Wargames, Soldiers and Strategy


This is a magazine I pick up occasionally as it isn't that easy to get and also, because it has themed issues, sometimes the content just doesn't appeal. Nevertheless it is usually interesting and has a better figure review section than the other magazines.


I bought this month's issue because it featured the Roman invasion of Britain in 43AD which definitely is interesting to me. Now, I haven't done anything but flick through it but it's almost unreadable as the translation is so bad. I actually thought it looked like it had been done by a computer programme but, in fact, they list no less than five translators. Now I speak Italian and know that Latin languages don't translate that well into English but, even so, someone could have gone through it and tidied up the sentence construction a bit. I don't remember it being this bad before but they better sort it out before I buy another one!

1 comment:

  1. agreed most useful bit of the magazine was the cardboard packaging I 'blue tacked' a few figs to it last night to undercoat!! Miniature wargames re launch looks encouraging though especially with inclusion of Bob marrion artwork in the FP war article

    ReplyDelete